Friday, September 24

Natural disaster

 As most of you will be aware, I live on the Spanish Canary Island of La Palma. At the moment we are, what word can I use? suffering?  a natural disaster of a volcano.  Every island is volcanic, if experts are to be believed they emerged from the Atlantic some 20 million years ago, and indeed will ultimately return beneath the waves.

Fortunately, I live on the east of the island, and the volcano and subsequent lava tongue is on the other side, badly affecting Los Llanos, El Paso, Tazacorte ...and I fear Puerto Naos. 

Quite where it will ultimately halt is anyone guess, as guess is what even the science can do. 

Volcanic ash is everywhere, perhaps people will have a greater understanding of why the beaches on many members of this group of islands are black, and not the inviting golden sand of say Fuerteventura. 

Anyway, if the colour of the sand is all I have to worry about, I have no worries.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Radio Tropicalisima

Listening to cumbia music, I think its called that, a style of music arriving from Columbia and Argentina along with reggaeton and of co...