Sunday, April 14

Policemen whom carry guns

 As I struggle for subjects to entertain my followers, I could write about the heat and the flying pests that invite themselves into our homes, but that has been fully explored, so dear readers what about X pats in Spain and a lack of understanding not only in terms of culture and language but systems how it all works.


Here I offer you a little snippet of converation between an English 

gentleman and an agent of the Spanish police...police whom carry 

guns.


- Buenas tardes caballero, permiso de conducir por favor -


English please, I`m English!!


Ah Ok, thats not what I asked señor. At this point I have to admit the 

level broken english was better than I expected, indeed surprising.


Thus it continued. - Policeman - Do you have an NIE? (A unique 

identity number which Spanish people, and foreign nationals whom 

live in Spain must carry)


What is that ? I’m English


Yes, you said. Can I see your ...mmm….¿permiso de conducir?


- What is that ? - And so it went on. A sunburned individual from 

good old blighty and a policeman who carried a gun.


Just remember dear readers, if you are English, the whole world 

understands you. Because everyone speaks...mmm … English.


Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sin palabras