Thursday, February 25

So Wednesday has come and gone.

 

I have a thought for my English speaking (and reading) followers, as this is not really relevant here in Spain, yet.


If you are British, and want to retire, but have not made arrangements for a private fund, be aware that the British government led by billionaire Boris, has changed that important number to 66 summers. Yet for as long as I can remember, if you were breathing on this little country called UK, retirement was 65 it was 65, younger for women, although that age number escapes me. Thus from October of last year, retire at your peril. You will get NOTHING, until you and your zimmer have 66 candles on your collective cake. I understand this number is being discussed, the current proposal is 68...which doubtless will be just in time for me to miss out again.


I think its the first time government greed and folly has affected me directly, and it will affect many, many more, unless like Boris you are a millionaire. Apart from that, everything is just hunkydory..(is that even a word?)


On a positive note, I passed a queue outside the hospital this afternoon, on enquiry was told it was la vacuna contra covid .you get it...so really good news. Healthcare here, public not private, is exceptional, with attentive responsible staff. The vaccine queue another great example.


That, and being called maestro thanks to my soccer fotos, is the bright side of today. For the record, I am no maestro, just great gear and some experience, and no, you dont always need the sun at my back.


Stay safe people, help is on the way, despite Boris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Radio Tropicalisima

Listening to cumbia music, I think its called that, a style of music arriving from Columbia and Argentina along with reggaeton and of co...